Feeling Felt – Challenges for Pastoral Care and Counselling
The 13th Conference of the European Council for Pastoral Care and Counselling
It all begins with a look. The paintings by the artist Maria Wolfram challenge the way we look at the world surrounding us. Those faces seem to look back at us, asking: What do you see when you look at me? Can you feel my reality, or are you looking right through me, perceiving only what you wish to see, receiving only what fits in your picture?
Feeling felt – two simple words that capture the essence of empathic attunement, which is at the core of all encountering in pastoral care and counselling.
How do we approach today’s evermore complex and challenging realities, whose faces do we recognize and encounter? And where do we find strength in our effort to accompany suffering individuals and communities under pressure? What is the essence of being a pastoral caregiver for our present time in the perspective of feeling felt?
These questions guide the reflection on the theme of Feeling Felt – Challenges for Pastoral Care and Counselling. The methodological keys to the theme of the conference come from different fields of research, social analysis and personal experience.
It is our pleasure to invite you to the 13th Conference of the European Council for Pastoral Care and Counselling which will be held on the 23rd-28th of August in 2017 at the Institute for Advanced Training of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland in Järvenpää, Finland.
Language of the conference is English.
We are already working hard with conference arrangements. Please notice that the first draft of the program has now published.
Please follow our website and our Facebook page, we will publish more about program and schedule soon! See you in Järvenpää!
The organizers of the 13th ECPCC conference cordially invite you to submit an abstract for a workshop or paper to be presented at European conference of the European Council for Pastoral Care and Counselling in Järvenpää, Finland 2017. The deadline for submitting an abstract is August 30th 2016.
The abstract submission form is now open! (Abstract submission form link here).
LINKS TO RELATED ORGANISATIONS
ECPCC 2017 IS COOPERATING WITH
- AAPC American Association of Pastoral Counselors
- Blue Carpet Northeuropean Conference for Counselling, Therapy and Theology
- CPSP College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy
- DGfP Deutsche Gesellschaft für Pastoralpsychologie
- ENHCC European Network of Health Care Chaplainy
- ICPCC International Council for Pastoral Care and Counselling
- IPCNSR International Pastoral Counselors’ Network for Social Responsibility
- PlainViews An e-newsletter connecting chaplains and other spiritual care providers
- SIPCC Society for Intercultural Pastoral Care and Counselling